Meet Our Goal Facilitators
Senior Goal Facilitator
I studied at the University of Wollongong and completed a Bachelor in Social Sciences, majoring in Health Promotion. I have always wanted to be a part of something that was making a change and helping others, and I am fortunate to do that every day at NextPath Continuous Learning.
- Favourite Food? Pasta
- Dream Holiday destination? Germany
- If you could be any animal, which animal would you be? Turtle
- Childhood nickname? Sammy
- If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do? Buy my dream home and help my family
Senior Goal Facilitator
Hi, I’m Brooke! I have been working at NextPath for almost 2 years now. I previously worked in the travel industry for the last 10+ years however with the onset of COVID I decided it was time for a change. I’ve always loved helping people and thought disability work would be a perfect fit for me. I started as an Assistant Goal Facilitator in 2021 and then in January 2022 stepped up to become a Goal Facilitator.
For me seeing the big smiles on the young adults faces when they achieve something new is priceless. I love that no two days at NextPath are the same. I love teaching the young adults new life skills, helping them transition from school into the program and encouraging them to become more independent and making them feel safe and supported. Although the work can be challenging it is extremely rewarding and knowing that I am making a positive difference to the young adults life makes me incredibly happy!
Fun fact: I’ve lost 35kgs in the past 18 months and have completely changed my life around for the better, I love running & weight lifting.
- Favourite Food? Either Greek or Seafood!
- Dream Holiday destination? I would love to go back to the Greek Islands!
- Childhood nickname? Chook
- Favourite TV show? Wentworth & Grey’s Anatomy
- If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do? Take my family on a luxury epic summer vacay all around Europe!
I completed a Bachelor of Health Science, majoring in Health Promotion in 2009 and have worked in the Disability sector since completing my degree. I have worked in various Disability Organisations, in roles within the post school programs, Disability after school care and Disability employment. I started working at the NextPath Continuous Learning Program in 2018 after taking some time off to work in travel insurance. I started off as an Assistant Goal Facilitator with a small group of Young Adults. I have progressed through my journey at NextPath as a Lead Assistant Goal Facilitator and now as a Goal Facilitator.
Fun Fact: I can wiggle my ears
- Favourite Food? Anything Italian
- Dream Holiday destination? Hawaii
- If you could be any animal, which animal would you be? Definitely an elephant
- Childhood nickname? Nat the rat
- Favourite TV show? Handmaid Tales
- If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do? Pay my mortgage off
- Rate your Karaoke skills, and what is your go-to song? Very tone deaf- Stop by the Spice Girls.
When I was young I had a passion for cooking so I started an Apprenticeship as a Chef. I quickly discovered that I wasn’t as good as I thought and wanted to do more with my life. I knew I wanted to help people so in 2016 I finished a Diploma of Community Services and I served in the community for a few years working with all types of people from the young to the elderly.
In 2020 I found my home here at NextPath where I started as a Lead Assistant Goal Facilitator and have loved being a part of something so special helping the young adults thrive and blossom into the strong independent people they become. In July 2022 I became a Goal Facilitator and every day I love learning new ways to support and encourage our young adults achieve their individual goals.
Fun Fact: My passion is still baking and love to share this with the young adults at every opportunity.
Favourite Food? Anything Italian! However I love to cook cakes, muffins, slices really anything sweet. As they say the way to a person’s heart is through their stomach.
I have always had a passion to work in the disability sector and bring awareness to the community. My passion first started when working in childcare coming alongside of children and their families. After having my first child I left childcare and begun a new journey teaching little ones how to swim It was here I was able to be part of a new initiative in creating a program that would allow a safe space for young children with a disability to learn how to swim. From there I moved to a more corporate style job and it was there I was first introduced to NextPath as I had the opportunity to host two young adults from NextPath Continuous Learning as part of the Mater Dei Workplace Learning program. It was clear to me that this is where I wanted to be and so I started my dream job here at NextPath!
Fun Fact: I was stuck on a cargo ship in the middle of the Pacific Ocean in Fiji for 72hours.
- Favourite Food? Anything Mexican or chocolate
- Dream Holiday destination? Bora Bora
- If you could be any animal, which animal would you be? A horse, run wild and free with the wind in my hair through open fields
- Childhood nickname? Buzzy Bee
- Favourite TV show? The Last Kingdom, & Charlie & Lola
- If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do? Take my family to Disney Land.
- Rate your Karaoke skills 1-10. What is your go-to song? 3, Lauren Hill – 'Can’t take my eyes off you'