At NextPath Assessment & Therapy, we provide a number of Assessment services. These are:
Comprehensive Assessments (Speech Pathology, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy)
- A comprehensive assessment may include administration of formal standardised tests, observations and interviews, additional questionnaires or profiles as well as scoring, interpretation, a comprehensive report and feedback of results.
- 4 hours are usually allocated for a comprehensive assessment. (Includes 1-2 hours of face to face assessment).
Short Assessments (Speech Pathology, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy)
- Short assessments include a one hour face to face assessment session and summary report. A summary report includes assessment scores, summary of results and recommendations.
- 2 hours are allocated for a short assessment (includes 1-hour face to face assessment).
ADOS Assessment (Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule)
- The ADOS-2 is an assessment that accurately assesses and diagnoses Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). It investigates communication, social interaction, play skills and restricted/repetitive behaviours through activities that elicit behaviours directly related to a diagnosis of ASD. The ADOS can be used from the age of 12 months through to adulthood.
- Our ADOS assessment is conducted jointly by a Speech Pathologist and Occupational Therapist.
- Please note, the ADOS assessment and report informs an ASD diagnosis. Your Paediatrician or Clinical Psychologist must review the report and sign off on the diagnosis.
- 6 hours are allocated for an ADOS assessment (3 hours for each therapist). The face to face assessment takes approximately 1 hour.
Bayley Scales of Infant and Toddler Development
- The Bayley is a comprehensive assessment tool that assesses five key developmental domains in young children; including cognition, language, social-emotional development, motor skills and adaptive behaviour. The Bayley identifies infant and toddler strengths and areas for development and is useful for program evaluation, monitoring progress and outcome measurement. The Bayley is used for children aged between 1 month and 42 months.
- Please note, the Bayley assessment will identify any delays across developmental domains and should be reviewed by your paediatrician.
- Our Bayley assessment is conducted jointly by a Speech Pathologist and Occupational Therapist.
- 6 hours are allocated for a Bayley assessment (3 hours for each therapist). The face to face assessment takes approximately 2 hours.