Assistant Goal Facilitator (Macarthur) - Casual
Our NextPath Program empowers and supports individuals with an intellectual disability to meet their self-directed goals. We collaborate with the individual and their family/supporters to teach them new skills and assist them at work places or other places in the community.
In response to growth in our service, opportunities now exist for casual Assistant Goal Facilitators to join our dynamic NextPath team. In this role you would work hands on with program participants to implement their daily program. We are all about building capacity, rather than doing “for” our program participants.
- A solid belief in the right of all people to determine the path their life takes
- A demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Sound verbal and written communication skills
- An ability to ask for guidance and follow the same
- A sound understanding of your legislative obligations to ensure that people with a disability are not treated less favourably than a person without a disability, in the same or similar circumstances.
- High standards of ethical and professional behaviour
Your application should include a covering letter that demonstrates how you meet the above selection criteria. You may like to use the following headings as a guide.
- Describe your experiences of working in a team
- Describe how you use professional verbal and written communication
- Discuss a time that you asked for assistance at work
- Provide your thoughts about people with a disability being entitled to the same experiences as other people
- Describe how a previous employer would describe your behaviour in both your personal and professional life
- Own car and current driver's licence – essential (green provisional licence as a minimum)
- Capacity to work outside normal hours if required
- A Police Check will be required for successful applicant
- A Working with Children Check will be required for successful applicant
- A current first aid and CPR certificate
For enquiries and information, please contact Kelly Williams on 0402 203 277
Click here for a detailed position description
Please complete the Employment Application form and return it with your cover letter, cv and supporting documentation to
via Post: PO Box 3090 Narellan NSW 2567
or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will close when a suitable applicant is found
Mater Dei is committed to providing a child safe environment where children and young people are safe, feel safe and their voices are heard about decisions that affect their lives. The successful applicant will be subject to relevant child related employment screening.